Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bum Business





Who knew diapers could be so overwhelming!? 


All I keep hearing is how darn expensive diapers are and how many you go through each week. So the thought of cloth diapers popped into my head. Financially they are much easier, and bonus (!) they're better for the environment. But really? Cloths and pins and poop, ew no thanks. 


Once I started looking into it though it's not at all what I thought. I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is no pinning and it's more then just a cloth. They seem to have come a long way and a lot of them are pretty darn cute. Then I started looking into it some more, uy. So much information, so many different contraptions, too many different options. Diaper overload! It's a lot to try and understand, and it all seems so complicated. I certainly don't have anyone I know who has done it, or is doing it, so there's no one to even ask. 


I found my answer today though. There is this wonderful woman who did a cloth diaper week where she totally explained the whole thing for all of us dumbies. I found a store over in PA that carries a few brands and contacted the woman there. I'm going to go this weekend and check it all out. 


I'm still not 100% sure as to what I'm going to do but I'm started to feel a little better about it all. Before all of you relatives freak out about the thought of maybe having to deal with a cloth diaper don't worry. Regardless of whether or not we decide to use them we will also have a nice stack of disposables on hand as well. Simply because there will certainly be situations where they will make life much easier. I've even started stocking up! Thanks to auntie e and her awesome deal finding skills I was able to buy a normally $12.99 jumbo pack of earth friendly disposables for $1.50! Thats right one and a half whole dollars. Check out the stack (and this isn't even all of them). 





They were on sale, babies r' us had a coupon, and on top of that they were offering a manufacturers coupon. A total deal that I could not resist. 


Rest assured baby. I've got your bum covered!


xoxo
the mom




* Photo by Aimee