Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pregnancy

It's almost over. Which I really cannot believe. Where did that time go? I remember it being November and I just couldn't wait to speed things up and now that its almost July I kind of want to speed things down. Does that make sense at all? Probably not. 


Everyone keeps asking if i am ready, and i am, but i'm not. 


I am ready to be able to roll over in bed or get up off a couch without a huge amount of effort. I don't know that i am ready to actually labor a baby out of me (did i mention i am terrified of this part!?). I am very ready to meet your little face and see what you look like. Not so sure I am ready to have another human relying on me every second of every day for ever (again, a little scary). 


Some people say they just love being pregnant, others despise it. I think i am somewhere in the middle. 


Reasons i love being pregnant:
It's fun to watch my belly move around as you squirm. 
It was so exciting to see a growing bump, even if i was the only one who noticed at first. 
There are so many possibilities and hopes.
You never have to suck your gut in after a meal (haha i love this one!). 
I think i look kind of cute this way. 
It's fun to see friends so excited about this little person on his way. 
Seeing mark get excited is the best thing in the world. 
My nails and hair grow super fast! 


Reasons to not love being pregnant:
I hate the attention, every stranger and check out person feels it is their need to talk to me about being pregnant and ask me questions. 
I felt like total crap for the longest time in the beginning. 
It takes a while to actually look pregnant, until then everyone else just thinks you're fat. 
It is impossible to roll over or get out of bed. 
If i drop something, it will stay there unless someone else is there to assist me getting back up. 
Lots of weird stuff happens, like my hands being numb all the time. 
So swollen. I miss shoes, and jewelry. 
The fear and anticipation of labor. 


Overall though I am sure it is worth every nauseous swollen minute. I still cannot believe it is almost over though (i hope anyway!).


xoxo
the mom