Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby Elephant

I decided to do elephants after seeing this awesome James Eames chair which I just had to have, until i realized how expensive it was! Isn't it the cutest thing ever though?


That was just not going to happen though. I figured i could still do elephants though, and although i added other animals as well elephants were still my favorite. 

There are not many cute and reasonable mobiles out there and the plan had been to make a pinwheel mobile because i could control the colors and i thought it would be really cute. 

Until i got the idea to find an elephant one. And by find i mean create! Your grandma jill is great at knitting. She made a cute teddy bear for pancake and cherrio at christmas so i figured she could probably make elephants too. And i was right! 

Using the fabric from all the bedding and curtains she matched the yarn and created five little elephant. I got a mobile and replaced the toys. 





I think they are so adorable! One of my favorite things in the room. 

xoxo
the mom


**oh and ps for everyone reading this, please click on the top baby button and vote for us!
thanks!