Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pity Party

I had a bit of a mini melt down this morning. Fortunately I work in a very casual place where it is okay that i wear my one pair of old navy flip flops every single day because those are the only shoes that will slide onto my feet anymore. I can throw on my frumpy maternity clothes and call it a day. 


Every once and a while though a girl just wants to feel like she looks nice! I love accessories, always have. They make such a huge difference. Nice shoes and some pretty jewelry make a big difference. Most of these maternity clothes are a bit drab looking but could be saved with some nice accessorizing. 


This morning i tried on almost every pair of shoes (which is a LOT), including several high heal shoes but not a single one fit. All these beautiful summer sandals and wedges going to waste.  Then i pulled out the jewelry but the only finger any rings would fit on was my pinky, and somehow i was just not pulling that look off. I shifted through all my bangles hoping one would slide over my ginourmous hand. Nothing. 


So i sat down and cried for a minute because i felt like an ugly, frumpy clothes wearing, no accessories freak. Which probably sounds really dumb to most people but it was just one of those mornings where i really needed to feel like i looked nice. I needed that little confidence boost. Instead though i had to settle for a pair of pretty earrings and my rubber flip flops. At least my toes look really nice thanks to that pedicure Mandy treated me to the other day though! 


xoxo
the mom