Tuesday, July 27, 2010

our first day

The first week you were in the hospital, then we brought you home and we had visitors coming constantly. Daddy had the week off from work so i was never alone. Then when he went back to work the next week you and i spent it down the shore with grandma so i would have some help. Saturday we came home from the shore and then today your dad had to go back to work. So it was just you me and the dogs. 


We napped a bit in the morning then i got some stuff done around the house while you were sleeping. I gave you your first bath all by myself. I think i did pretty well, there was no screaming or crying. You looked cute as a button all wrapped up in your towel, i was so worried you were going to pee on me before i was able to get your diaper on. 


ET or baby Grayson?

Then auntie came over and we took a trip to target. You did very well, good thing auntie was with though because we needed to take a bottle break. 

Overall the day was not so bad. I managed to bath you, feed you, and keep it all together. I did discover though that you make it very hard to get things done (this short post alone took two days to write). There always seem to be bottles that need washing, and things that need straightening. Forget trying to make myself a meal. You need constant attention when you are awake (which surprisingly is most of the day). You want to either be held or bounced in your chair. This is a habit we will need to work on breaking. 

It's tough being home alone with an infant. I have a totally new respect for stay at home moms. Its wonderful being able to spend time with you but it is exhausting and a bit lonely as well. I know i am very lucky to be able to do it though and when things get tough i will just try and remind myself of that. 

Mommy baby snuggle time is great!


xoxo
the mom