Thursday, July 1, 2010

No more pencils no more books no more teacher's dirty looks....

Okay so I have been done school for many years now but it kind of feels like the last day of school. My last day of work was supposed to be July 9th but it got bumped up, and because of the long weekend, it is now today! Horray, horray! I have off until October, so it's kind of like summer vacation as a kid. Only instead of slumber parties and popsicles it will be sleepless nights and dirty diapers!

That is okay though because there will be lots of time down the shore and lots of time spent playing and I am looking forward to all of it. 

I have a zillion billion things i want to get done so maybe now they will actually get crossed off that every growing list of mine! And there will be time for those afternoon naps i crave so badly. The question though is how many of these days will i get? One, two, fourteen!? 

It will certainly be strange getting up next week and not going into work. Not really having a plan at all. I think i should cherish that feeling though because I doubt i will have a "hmm what should i do, nothing on the agenda" kind of day for a long while. 

The thought keeps running through my head as I am sitting on the couch doing nothing, or just hanging out with your dad and the dogs, or out shopping...enjoy it because this probably won't be possible soon. How many more mornings of laying in bed and getting up to a free schedule are there. Are the evenings of lounging on the couch channel surfing gone? Will that trip to target to browse around really be worth it once i am hauling a million things with me? 

It's going to be a whole new world. I know that. I just wonder if i really know how new it will be...


xoxo
the mom