Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sugar Mama



At this morning's doctors appointment I had to take the glucose tolerance test. I've read about it and for most people it seemed to be a dreaded task and no one had nice things to say about the beverage you have to drink. 

Today was just the simple one hour test, if you fail you have to take a more extensive four hour test, which i would not like to do. The nurse warned me last visit that most people do fail and that i should avoid sugar and carbs the morning of and night before. I really did not want to fail so for the last two days i have been careful not to consume too much of these things (because on a regular basis i consume WAY too much of them). So lets hope it worked!

I have to say though, it really was not bad at all. The drink tasted pretty much like koolaid. And i like koolaid so having avoided sugar the last couple days i almost welcomed the drink. I'm pretty sure you may have enjoyed it too because it had you bouncing off the walls. Apparently it gave you hiccups as well, we could hear them as we listened to your heartbeat. 

The only horrible part about the test was that i had to have blood drawn. I am not a fan of that. Last time it made me throw up, and the time before that i passed out. I was a little panicked today because i was by myself and your dad was not there to hold my hand. (yes i am a baby like that, i need my hand held!) I was a trooper though, no puking and no passing out. 

So now we wait and hope that we don't get a phone call saying I have to come in and take another test! Fingers crossed. 

xoxo
the mom