Friday, April 16, 2010

Ready or not...

Lately i've spent more days being scared then i have excited about July. I think i am just recently coming to the realization on how very hard it is all going to be. 

I'm scared to actually go into labor. The more i find out about the whole thing the tighter my chest gets. You can't stay in there forever though, i know at some point you will in fact come out. 

What's going to happen when you're here. No more preparing and waiting, just me and baby. Of course i know how to take care of a baby but i've never HAD a baby. One that is there ALL.THE.TIME. 

What if i can't handle it. I don't want to do a crap job.

At first it will be hard because newborns are hard. But your dad will be around for a week (which is not nearly enough time) and then it will be summer so there will be plenty of other people around for help and company. But what happens when fall comes, you will still be brand new and everyone will go back to school and their jobs and everything else. And it will be me, and you, and an empty house. 

I worry, about everything. A trait i hope doesn't end up being passed to you (you can thank your grandma, and great grandma for this if you do by the way). Because worrying simply sucks. 

xoxo
the mom