Thursday, February 18, 2010

Snips and snails, And puppy dog tails, That's what little boys are made of.



So it turns out my suspicion was right. You are a boy little sergie. Dad and I had to get up very early to head to the hospital Monday morning. Not without a stop by wawa first though. I know you don't usually start moving around till 11 and I wanted to wake you up so I thought a good dose of sugar would do the trick. Here was my breakfast.



I felt very silly buying a blue slurpie at 7:30 in the morning. It did the trick though because you were wiggling around so much during the ultrasound we almost didn't get to find out you were a little boy. The tech let grandma and grandpa joe come in the room to see you on the screen. When she told us you were a boy grandpa joe and your dad cheered. 

I'm sure people will think this is a horrible thing to say but I was a little sad when I found out i would have to forfeit my plans for a cute pink nursery and that I wouldn't be dressing you up in adorable frilly things. The fact that you are a boy means you will certainly spend all your time watching sports with your dad. Have i mentioned his addiction to ALL sports? I think I did. He is over the moon about it though, he's already planning out all the sports the two of you will play together. And I am sure I will get use to playing with trucks instead of barbies. 

The more it settles though the more excited I am that you are a boy. The only problem is you have NO NAME! If you were a girl your name was going to be Campbell Mae Constantine (sounds nice doesn't it?) but we just cannot come up with a boys name we like. I think Grayson is nice but your father hates it and we played with the name Tobin but everyone seems to think that is the worlds worst name (is it that bad?). So we just don't know. 

I do know that your name will not be jason or mathew or any other expected name. Serg, you're talking to the people who named their dogs pancake and cherrio. We don't do common or expected. So why would we consider anything else for your name. So the search continues for that perfect little boy name. I promise you will have one by july though (i hope!). 

xoxo
the mom