Friday, February 26, 2010

Bizarre things i did not know about pregnancy...



When we started this little trip I knew the basics about pregnancy, and learned a few more things reading my What to Expect book. There are so many things though that I had no idea I would experience, and frankly, they're kinda weird sergie!


* I am always cold, always! I wore a sweatshirt while in the Amazon jungle. I have found myself going through really bizarre hot flashes though, in the middle of winter! I will get so hot out of nowhere to the point where I strip down to a tank top while its 20 degrees outside!


* If there was a burping contest and I was up against a million grizzly men, I would probably still win.


* Everything on your body swells. Everything. And I mean everywhere....


* I can feel you moving around in there, and you are big enough now that I recognize where you are kicking. I feel the pangs on my bladder, and on my cervix too! I was not expecting that. It literally feels like someone is in my lady parts.  SO weird. 


* My teeth hurt where I don't have any cavities, apparently this is pregnancy related. 


The whole concept of pregnancy itself is super strange when you actually think about it. I have a person inside me, literally sucking the life out of me. When you get bigger my whole torso will contort to your movements. Alien! 


I love it though- I am truly enjoying my mommie, sergie time :)


xoxo
the mom