Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The transition of baby boy's room...



I've started transitioning the guest room into your room. The drawers and closet have been emptied, the bedding has been washed and packed away, the rug removed. There is so much work to be done, I usually spend an hour or so at a time in there trying to piddle it down. 


I have started thinking about what your room will look like. The plan was to stick with the current green, because i love it, but i have decided little boys should have blue rooms. I am keeping a green accent wall though. Last night your dad and i stared for almost 45 minutes at this....



A wall of paint samples. We were constantly moving around the samples, grouping them into which ones we liked, which ones we didn't. Then we would walk away and come back and our minds (well, MY mind) would be completely changed. 

So many shades of blue!

(one of these days im going to get a real camera and stop using my phone for all my pics!)

I think I have it narrowed down to my favorite though. It's called "Cincinnati Hotel Abby". It's historic you know! It's a pretty color blue and it goes well with the current green. I think i'll sit on it for a while though. What do you think serg? One kick for yes and two for no! ...5 kicks? You must have the hiccups. 

So far here is the progress of your room...

Before we moved in. 

The guest room.

Currently your room.

It's a total mess- i know!!! Don't panic! As we get things they pretty much just get thrown in there until i know what the heck to do with all of them. I'm working on it though. I promise. By the time you get here it will be all cuteified up for baby boy. 

xoxo
the mom