Monday, March 8, 2010

the most bizarre purchase i have ever made...



I have always had a tiny bladder. It doesn't hold much. My first ultrasound they made me drink 32oz of water an hour before my appointment. I couldn't do it. I was bent over in pain, literally crying because i thought i was going to explode. 


So naturally as you're getting bigger you are making that tiny little bladder even smaller. I can no longer make it through the night without waking up to go to the bathroom. This disturbs and confuses the dogs, who think its time to get up and play, which then disturbs your dad, who falls right back asleep. It's a nightly occurrence. I actually have a time of night when i have to STOP drinking, just so i am not up a million times. 


It's not just at night, it's all the time. I can't make it through a walk in the park without having to find a bathroom, shopping trips usually consist of multiple bathroom stops. Sometimes i can't even make the half hour drive home from work, many times i have stopped in to use the khols bathroom on my way home. It's constant. 


I know my bladder is smaller because it will feel like i have to go so badly and i just might burst. Yet rather then the waterfall you might expect it is simply a trickle. (aren't you glad i'm sharing this with you!?)


In a couple days we are driving across the country, yes- driving! This normally wouldn't worry me, except a 14 hour trip could easily be made into a 24 hour trip if i have to stop every 20 minutes. (Are there even bathrooms every 20 minutes, probably not.) That simply would not work out. What are my options though? I'm not a boy, i can't just pee in a jar or on the side of the highway. Or can i....?


A while ago i saw a product on some morning show. I thought it was the weirdest thing, and really did not understand who would buy it. I give you the GoGirl.



It's totally ridiculous, and kind of embarrassing, but absolutely necessary if we're going to get through this trip. Your dad gave me a very funny look when i told him i would be getting one, but he will thank me later! Especially since my midwife says its important i stay hydrated through the ride. 

I have yet to try it out, i'm a little scared to. It might end up being kind of an awesome thing though! Time will tell. 

xoxo
the mom